Clubs & Organizations
Your college experience is not limited to what takes place in the classroom. UW-Marshfield/Wood County has student organizations which compliment our academic offerings by helping you grow socially, spiritually, intellectually and emotionally.
- Student Senate
- The Student Senate is the official student governance body on campus. Visit the Student Senate Web Page for meeting dates, forms, club handbook and more.
- This campus literary booklet is published in the spring. It contains student essays, short stories, photographs, poetry art and more.
- "Insight" is the UW-M/WC campus newspaper. It comes out monthly, and is written and produced by students. Opportunities for reporters, photographers and graphic designers are available. Read our Current Issue.
- Inter-Varsity Christian Fellowship
- The purpose of this group is to deepen and strengthen the spiritual life of its members through Bible study, prayer and fellowship. Visit IVCF's club page.
- Japanese Culture Club
- Bring a little of Japan to Central Wisconsin with this club that celebrates Japanese culture. Annual events the club participate in include: Cultural Fair, candy sales, Food For Thought, Anime Convention and T-shirt sales. In 2012-13 this club meets Wednesdays and Fridays from noon to 1 p.m. in Room 405 in the Fine Arts building.
- Learning Center
- The purpose of the organization will be to promote learning, understanding and support for the students of UW Marshfield/Wood County.
- Whether you're an accomplished musician, or have always wanted to be one, we have an instrument or vocal program for you. Our students have plenty of opportunities to perform and share their talents with others in our state-of-the-art theatres.
- Phi Theta Kappa (PTK)
- This is an honor fraternity serving two-year colleges which offer Associate Degree programs. Membership is by invitation only, and is based on grade point average and academic excellence. PTK undertakes a variety of service projects on the campus and in the community throughout the academic year.
- Students Opposing Acts of Prejudice (SOAP)
- An organization to raise awareness regarding acts of prejudice and the effects thereof. The club works to establish a sound understanding of the problems revolving around these acts and moves to combat them. They provide a safe environment for victims of discrimination to voice concerns and promote healthy relationships between people of all backgrounds.
- Theatre Arts
- All the world's a stage - including UW-M/WC! Our theatrical productions are famous throughout the area. Our students have the chance to act on either our thrust stage theatre or our Black Box theatre.
- Vets Club
The purpose of this organization is to provide a space or environment for military past and present, friends, family and allies to discuss and assist each other with any and all academic and personal issues.