skip to: page content | skip to: site navigation | skip to: section navigation | site information

University of Wisconsin-Marshfield / Wood County

Financial Aid

Applying for Financial Aid is FREE. Go online to You'll need a copy of your most recent federal income tax return including W2s. If you are considered a dependent, you must submit your parents' tax information also. When completing the FAFSA, students and parents may use the Internal Revenue Service Data Retrieval Tool to import federal income tax information directly from the IRS into the FAFSA.

The Financial Aid Office will receive an electronic copy of your FAFSA which is used in processing your aid.

Additional information can be found at

If you have unusual circumstances due to the loss of a job, change in marital status, etc., you may obtain a Request For Adjustment Form from the Financial Aid Office. Additional information on child-care expenses and commuting are also available in Student Services.

Your FAFSA may be selected for verification. Some FASFA applications are randomly selected for verification. Schools may only accept Tax Return Transcripts issued by the IRS as copies of 1040/1040A/1040EZ forms will no longer be acceptable. You will receive a letter from the Financial Aid Office requesting a copy of the tax Transcript which is available from the IRS at

Other miscellaneous information may be requested throughout the "packaging" process of your financial aid file. Submit the requested financial information to the Financial Aid Office as quickly as possible to avoid delays in your package.

Once the information in your file is complete, it is reviewed and an award letter will be sent to you. After you receive the award offer, you must designate the type(s) of aid offered that you will accept and return the award offer to the Student Services Office. If you have accepted Direct Loans, you have to complete Loan Entrance Counseling and the Master Promissory Note.

When you are no longer enrolled at least half time (6 or more credits) or as you graduate from/transfer from/otherwise leave the University of Wisconsin Colleges you will need to complete Loan Exit Counseling.

Any financial aid awarded will be credited toward your tuition account. Any remaining balance will be sent as a refund check directly to the student at their home address.

Students must apply each year, after Jan. 1, for the following fall and spring semesters to receive financial aid.