skip to: page content | skip to: site navigation | skip to: section navigation | site information

University of Wisconsin-Marshfield / Wood County

Transfer to UW-M

Criteria for Admission:

If you attended another college before applying for admission to the UW Colleges, you must complete the University of Wisconsin System Application for Undergraduate Admission form and submit official transcripts from all colleges you attended.

If you maintained a 'C' average or higher (2.00 on a 4.00 scale) at your previous college(s), you are likely to be admitted. If you had less than a 2.0 semester or cumulative GPA, you will have to appeal for admission to UW-Marshfield/Wood County, and if your appeal is honored, the UW Colleges regulations (probation, suspended standards) will be used to determine your probation status.

If an appeal is warranted based on your current or cumulative GPA, you will receive a letter with explicit instructions regarding the appeal process. If you are admitted as a transfer student with lower than a C average, particularly during your last semester of attendance, you may be asked to meet the conditions outlined for new freshmen ranking in the lower 25 percent of their high school classes.

Students suspended from another institution will not be admissible to the UW Colleges until the period of suspension elapses unless a successful appeal is made through the process noted above.

Application Documentation:

A transfer student's application is not complete until official transcripts of all prior college work have been received and evaluated. In the event of unavailability of transcripts, other materials, such as grade reports, may be considered. However, admission based on such data is tentative and may be revoked.

Transferring Financial Aid:

Students wishing to receive financial aid from UW-Marshfield/Wood County must include the financial aid code 003897 on the FAFSA form.

Application Fee:

An application fee of $44 is due upon receipt of application unless you have previously enrolled at one of the UW Colleges as a degree-seeking student. Your application will not be processed until payment is received.