skip to: page content | skip to: site navigation | skip to: section navigation | site information

University of Wisconsin-Marshfield / Wood County

Adult Learner Admission Checklist

We are pleased that you have decided to further your education at UW-Marshfield/Wood County. The following information will help keep you on track through the admission and registration process.

____ Meet with Mary Beth Knoeck, Adult Enrollment Coordinator.

Call 715-389-6530 to set up an appointment. Evening appointments are available upon request.


____ Complete and submit your Application
The Application for Undergraduate Admission (a paper application is also available upon request) serves many types of students. Therefore, some of the questions may seem inappropriate for adult learners, i.e. information about parents. This information is required for determining residency for tuition purposes.


____ Application Fee
If you submit the admission application online, you can pay the $44 application fee online. You can also pay with a check, payable to the University of Wisconsin-Marshfield/Wood County. Your application is not considered complete until this fee is received.


____ Transcripts

  • Submit an official copy of your high school transcript. Call your high school to request an official transcript be sent directly to our admissions office.
  • If you have obtained a GED or HSED, you may submit a copy of the diploma or test scores.
  • If you have attended college in the past, you must submit an official transcript from the previous campus(es). Contact the registrar’s office at the former campus and request that the transcript(s) be sent directly to:

    UW-Marshfield/Wood County Admissions
    2000 W. 5th Street
    Marshfield, WI 54449

____ Financial Aid
All students are encouraged to apply for financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at

  • For detailed information about financial aid, visit our Funding Your Education page. You can also contact Dawn Messerschmidt, Financial Aid Specialist, with questions or call 715-384-1717.
  • If you are a veteran, please contact Dawn Messerschmidt for information on the benefits available to you.

____ Placement Testing
UW-Marshfield/Wood County requires placement testing in math and English. Test results are used in the advising process to make sure you are placed into classes that are appropriate for you. These placement tests have no bearing on admission and are available on campus. Sign up for a placement test.


____ Advising and Registration
Once you have been admitted and taken the placement test you will be able to register for classes. All new students are required to meet with an advisor prior to registering for classes.

This checklist is only a guide; if you have questions at any point during this process, please contact Student Affairs at 715-389-6530.