Student Housing RFP/Q
The University Foundation: UW-Marshfield/Wood County (‘Foundation’) is seeking proposals from qualified development firms (the ‘Developer’ or ‘Respondent’) to provide comprehensive turnkey development services for a student housing facility and programming services on site provided by the Foundation or the Developer. The building will constitute a project. The goal of the Foundation is to provide between 80 and 100 beds for students, with the mix of housing and programming consistent with the needs of the University and student body. The project must be completed by August 1, 2014, or by the proposed completion date as recommended by the developer per this document.
The objective of this Request for Proposals and Qualifications (RFP/Q) is to select a Provider with demonstrated experience and success in (1) designing and constructing student housing, (2) providing quality residential life programming, (3) providing project financing that will allow for competitive leasing rates. An advisory committee will prequalify Respondents’ submissions and a selection committee will make the final selection based on the qualifications of the Respondents. The selected provider must also have ability and willingness to agree to a long-term land lease with the Foundation, which will own the property on which the structure will be located.
The Foundation’s primary goal in this project is to provide quality housing and residence life programming to students at a reasonable price. Student demand for affordable housing on or near 2-year colleges is rising, and the University would prefer that this project be open by the Fall semester of 2014, with student move-in at an appropriate time in advance of the start of the semester (first day of classes: Sept. 3, 2014).
Developers are encouraged to organize teams in the most effective manner necessary to respond to this RFP/Q. The proposed team shall include firms necessary to provide services for all phases of development projects. All legal structures permitted in the State of Wisconsin will be considered including a sole proprietorship, a partnership, a joint venture, a limited liability corporation, or a corporation.
The Foundation desires to adhere to the following schedule in the selection process through project completion. The Foundation, at its sole discretion, may extend all deadlines and timelines:
• RFP/Q distribution: December 20, 2012 (completed)
• Pre-proposal conference: January 18, 2013 at 9 am. (completed)
• Deadline for submission of questions: February 1, 2013 (completed)
• Deadline for submission of proposals: February 15, 2013 (completed)
• Oral presentations for those shortlisted by the AC: Late February to Early March (in progress)
• Notification of successful Respondent: Early to Mid-March
• Contract negotiations and award: March
• Design-Build: as negotiated
• Project Commissioning: August 15, 2014
• As previously stated, the University will review all proposals for student occupancy between August 1, 2013 and August 15, 2014, if Respondent’s business, construction and programming plans are otherwise acceptable. Proposals for initial occupancy beyond August 15, 2014 or later need not be submitted.
This schedule is subject to modification at the sole and absolute discretion of the Foundation. For specific instructions relative to the Schedule, refer to the following sections.
For more information contact Dean Patricia Stuhr, 715-389-6538